5 Court St.
Beginning in the fall of 2006, the Old Court House will become the center of Middlebury's Communications and Public Affairs offices. The ground floor is home to the College Advancement administration.
Built in 1883 in the site of a wooden building, the brick structure served as the county courthouse for over 100 years, until the construction of a new, larger courthouse not far from the building. When the building ceased to be used as a courthouse, it reverted back to the estate of its benefactor, College founding father Gamaliel Painter, and ultimately back to the College. It reopened as the Center for Educational Technology in fall 1997.
SocialOld Court House