11 Old Chapel Rd.
Starr Hall is a member of Old Stone Row, the three oldest buildings of the College. It houses mostly seniors in singles and two-room doubles. Regularly remodeled, it now houses 68 students.
Starr Hall is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was completed in 1860. Starr is named for Peter Starr, a Middlebury attorney and trustee from 1819-1860, and is similar to Painter Hall architecturally. It burned in 1864, and was rebuilt the next year. Starr replaced the old East College as a dormitory.
Type of Housing
37 singles, 2 doubles, 15 two-room doubles, 11 bathrooms, lounges, kitchens (refrigerator, oven, stove, sink, storage).