131 South Main St.
Most often the Emma Willard house is the first building any Middlebury student will have ever walked into on campus. Home to the office of admissions, Emma Willard is the starting point for all campus tours and similar orientation activities.
Built in 1811, here, Emma Hart Willard opened her Female Seminary in 1814 and developed her pioneering ideas on higher education for women. The site was acquired by the College in 1959, and expanded in 1987. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on October 15, 1966.