Information session in March TBA.
Established by the US-Ireland Alliance to provide tomorrow's leaders with an understanding about and an affinity with Ireland.
Tuition, room and board, plus $11,000 stipend for one year of study (usually in a one-year Master's program) at an institution of higher learning in Ireland or Northern Ireland.
Usually 12 per year
FIELDS OF STUDY
Any academic discipline offered in degree or certificate programs in Ireland or Northern Ireland. Candidates must have undergraduate preparation for the proposed graduate program.
Institutions of higher learning in Ireland or Northern Ireland
- US citizens
- Bachelor's degree holders between 18 and 30 years of age
- High GPA
- Selection committee's overriding interest in applicants' records of academic excellence, leadership, and community service
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINES
The Mitchell Scholarship requires endorsement by Middlebury College in order for you to apply. This rule applies for alumni as well as seniors. To be nominated:
1. Submit a preliminary application by April 21, 2014 to email@example.com:
Note: letters of recommendation are NOT included in this stage of application.
The British Scholarships Committee will review preliminary applications and send back comments for summer revisions.
2. Applications for nomination due September 2. Applicants will be interviewed by the British Scholarship Committee and select nominees. To apply for nomination, submit the following as a single pdf:
- Draft of Mitchell application--accessed from the Mitchell website (see link at bottom of page)
- Degree progress report
- Current resume
If you are selected as a nominee, it is at this point that you would secure your letters of recommendation. We suggest you let your recommenders know in advance of the pending request.
Once nominated, final applications will be due by October 1, 2014 deadline.
The Mitchell reading committee will identify 20 finalists by early November. The finalists will be then notified by telephone and invited to Washington, DC, for the Selection Committee interviews. Unsuccessful applicants are informed during November by e-mail.
Lisa Gates, Associate Dean for Fellowships and Research