My project was approved! Now what?
As Principal Investigator, you have a few ongoing responsibilities to the IRB. You must:
- notify the IRB if you want to change your research methods or location during the one-year approval period
- apply for an extension if you need a bit more time than one calendar year to complete your project
- apply for renewal if your project will run for another year
- submit a status report for your project to date if you want to renew or extend a project beyond the one-year approval period
- keep all documentation related to the project, including signed consent forms, for at least four years from the approval date (if you are a student, arrange this with your advisor)
- keep any publications resulting from your research for at least four years from the approval date (if you are a student, arrange this with your advisor)