Women's Tennis Falls In NCAA Regional Final
May 6, 2006
Middlebury saw its season come to an end as they fell 5-4 at Williams in an NCAA Regional final match-up. The match was the fourth 5-4 match against the Ephs this season, with Williams coming away with three of the four contests. The Panthers end their season at 11-7.
Middlebury led 2-1 early after capturing two of three doubles matches. Elizabeth Emery and Amy Roche were 8-6 winners, while Clare Burke and Amanda Berck earned an 8-5 victory. A rain delay ensued, with matches resuming outside after the rain passed.
In singles play, the Panthers trailed the match 4-3 when Amy Berkman won at #6 to tie the match at four. Williams hung tough, as Berck fell in the second slot to end the match and give the Ephs a 5-4 win.
1. Elizabeth Emery/Amy Roche (M) def. Cary Gibson/Annie Schneidman (W) 8-6
2. Alex Maclennan/Allie Rottkamp (W) def. Elizabeth Stone/Emily Holick (M) 8-3
3. Clare Burke/Amanda Berck (M) def. Courtney Bartlett/Annie Hancock (W) 8-5
1. Alex Maclennan (W) def. Amy Roche (M) 6-4, 6-0
2. Courtney Bartlett (W) def. Amanda Berck (M) 6-3, 2-6, 6-3
3. Emily Holick (M) def. Cary Gibson (W) 6-2, 6-3
4. Annie Hancock (W) def. Elizabeth Emery (M) 6-1, 6-2
5. Allie Rottkamp (W) def. Elizabeth Stone (M) 6-2, 6-0
6. Amy Berkman (M) def. Annie Schneidman (W) 6-7, 6-2, 6-1