Middlebury Tops Wellesley In NCAA Play
May 5, 2006
The Middlebury College women's tennis team has advanced to the NCAA Regional Final after a 5-0 win over Wellesley at Williams. The Panthers will take on the Ephs Saturday at 9:00 a.m. in the regional final.
Middlebury jumped out to an early lead as they picked up three tight wins in doubles play. The Panthers needed to win only two singles matches, as Emily Holick and Elizabeth Emery made quick work of their opponents to secure the victory.
Final Score: Middlebury 5, Wellesley 0
1. Elizabeth Emery/Amy Roche (M) def. Jenna Mezin/Hali Walther (W) - 9-7
2. Elizabeth Stone/Emily Holick (M) def. Trish Devine/Jen Schwarzkoph (W) - 8-5
3. Clare Burke/Amanda Berck (M) def. Hannah Freymiller/Jane Booth-Tobin (W) - 8-6
1. Roche (M) vs. Mezin (W) - DNF
2. Berck (M) vs. Devine (W) - DNF
3. Holick (M) def. Schwarzkoph (W) - 6-2, 6-2
4. Emery (M) def. Walther (W) - 6-4, 6-1
5. Stone (M) vs. Freymiller (W) - DNF
6. Berkman (M) vs. Alex Lucas (W) - DNF