Women's Tennis Advances To Regional Final
May 14, 2011
The Middlebury women’s tennis team advanced to the NCAA Regional finals with a 5-0 win over Skidmore (11-9) at Amherst. The Panthers (11-5) will take on the host school on Sunday with a trip to the NCAA Quarterfinals on the line.
Middlebury had little trouble in doubles play, winning all three matches by a score of 8-3. Anna Burke gave the Panthers a 4-0 lead with a 6-0, 6-1 win over Molly Nolan at the #5 singles position. The match was sealed moments later, when Sally Wilkey topped Tory Engros 6-4, 6-0 at #4 to send the Panthers to the regional final.
Middlebury def. Skidmore, 5-0
1) Brittney Faber/Leah Kepping (M) def. Rachel Loeb/Nataly Mendoza (S) 8-3
2) Anna Burke/Victoria Aiello (M) def. Sophia Bryan-Ajania/Tory Engros(S) 8-3
3) Dorrie Paradies/Sally Wilkey (M) def. Molly Nolan/Melissa Hirsch (S) 8-3
1) Rachel Loeb (S) led Victoria Aiello (M) 6-2, 4-3 (DNF)
2) Leah Kepping (M) led Melissa Hirsch (S) 6-2, 5-0 (DNF)
3) Nataly Mendoza (S) led Brittney Faber (M) 6-3, 1-3 (DNF)
4) Sally Wilkey (M) def. Tory Engros (S) 6-4, 6-0
5) Anna Burke (M) def. Molly Nolan (S) 6-0, 6-1
6) Robyn Baird (S) led Dorrie Paradies (M) 6-5 (DNF)
Order of Finish (Doubles): 3, 2, 1
Order of Finish (Singles): 5, 4