First Time Particpant Clearance Procedures
All students who are trying out for either an intercollegiate team or Crew and Rugby must complete the following check list before they will be eligible to participate.
1) All students are required to have a complete entrance physical examination conducted at home by a physician using the College Physical form. To be eligible to participate in athletics the physician must also sign and return the Athletic Supplemental Form. Without these completed forms you will not be able to practice or play in games with the team. You can contact Parton Health Center (802) 443-5135 if you have any questions about these forms.
2) If at the time you enter Middlebury College you are under the age of 18, you need to print off the Covenant not to Sue form using the link provided. Please return the completed form to the Health Center.
3) If you are currently taking medication for ADD or ADHD you must provide complete documentation of this diagnosis as required by the NCAA. Using the link provided, please print this form and have your phyiscian complete it. Please return this form to the Health Center in a seal envelop maked as NCAA ADD/ADHD form with your name on it. Club rugby and crew do not need to comply with the NCAA rulings around ADD and ADHD medication.
4) All students must set up their user account for the student health portal using their Banner ID and PIN number as their password. This account will allow you to access the remainder of Sports Medicine's required forms. These forms will be submitted electronically and stored with your medical records at the Health Center. Here is the link to the student portal. ( PROVIDE LINK)
5) Once you have done these things you will be contacted by Sports Medicine if there is any other special documentation that they may need. (i.e. clearance from physicians for previous injuries, more documentation on pre-existing medical conditions)