What is Middlebury FoodWorks?
An innovative summer leadership program combining academic and experiential learning in food systems:
- Nine intensive weeks in Vermont, Kentucky, or Washington D.C.
- “Exploring local food systems” course
- Cohort living and cooking with 15 students
- Food systems mentors and experts
- A four-day paid internship
- Weekly fifth-day learning journeys
- One Middlebury credit (equivalent three semester-hour credits)
What does it mean for you?
- The chance to touch, taste, and work with all aspects of the local food movement.
- A comprehensive view of the local food system and its role in urban and rural economic development, including direct contact with experts.
- Engagement in a learning community around food studies, as students live and participate together.
- An online component that allows FoodWorks Fellows to connect across sites and compare rural and urban food systems experiences.
Summer 2015: May 31 to August 1
FoodWorks: You Are What You Eat
Connect with Us