Middlebury FoodWorks is an innovative leadership program combining academic and experiential learning in food systems.
- Nine-week summer program in Vermont, Kentucky, or Washington, D.C.
- FoodWorks Abroad academic-year opportunities in Italy, Spain, and Chile
- For-credit course on “Experiencing Food Systems”
- One Middlebury College credit (equivalent 3.3 semester-hour credits)
- A four-day/week internship with weekly workshop days
- Life skills workshops and Food Challenges with community partners
- Living and learning in groups
- Meeting and working with food experts
“I experienced first-hand the power of community organizing to contribute to a just and sustainable food system.”
Sophie Vaughan ’14
“FoodWorks showed me the social, environmental, and economic value of farms beyond purely producing food.”
Linnea Burnham ’14.5