Bequests to Middlebury
In the Tradition of Middlebury's Gamaliel Painter
Bequests to Middlebury are a flexible planning tool that may be the ideal way for you to meet your personal objectives while also supporting the College.
Bequests do not affect your assets or cash flow today; however, when they are received, they provide necessary and meaningful support for future generations at Middlebury.
"We have a tight family budget, but the Cane Society allows us to demonstrate Middlebury's importance to us. We have included Midd in our estate plans. It is such an easy way for us young alums to give back. We hope it's not used for a very long time."- Keith '97 & Becky Palmer '97 Lewandoski
You can establish a Bequest:
- Through your will, living trust, retirement accounts, certificates of deposit, or other accounts
- For a specific dollar amount, or percentage of your estate, or to transfer a particular asset
- To be contingent upon other specific bequests, estate expenses, and taxes being paid
- No minimum amount is required
- Bequests do not affect your assets or cash flow today
- Potentially significant estate tax savings
- Support an area of the College most important to you
- Membership in Gamaliel Painter's Cane Society