- Roberto DaMatta, Brazilian writer-in-residence
- Lira Neto, Brazilian writer-in-residence
- Rui Zink, Portuguese writer-in-residence
Concert 1: Centennial concert with Stacey Kent and Jim Tomlinson
Concert 2: Concert with Richard Miller, Gigi McLaughlin, Isabella Campos, and David Sachs
Capoeira performance with Capoeira Jagube, VT
Play "O Auto da Compadecida," written by Ariano Suassuna
- Rodolfo Prates: Universidade Positivo: Brazilian rainforest deforestation and the current water crisis in Brazil.
- Silvia Lorenso: Racism and race relations in Brazil.
- Roberto DaMatta and Rui Zink: Roundtable: What makes Brazil Brazil and Portugual Portugal?
- Rodolfo Prates: What makes Brazil an emergent country?
- Lira Neto, Writer-in-Residence: The Construction of Brazil, from independence to republic.
- Richard Miller, Columbia University: African influcence on Brazilian rhythms
- Rui Zink, Writer-in-Residence: Mini-lectures in every class.
- Alexandre Graeml: Immigration and cultural identity.
- Karen Graeml: Distance teaching: Challenges in remote Brazil
- Christiane Kokubo: Japanese immigration in Brazil.
- Marcia Steinbach Kaplan: Life and resistance during the military dictatorship in Brazil, Chile, and Argentina (via Skype)
- Silvia Lorenso: Race and the system of quota in Brazil (via Skype)
- Irene de Amaral, UMass Dartmouth: Workshop on The art of Portuguese Tiles
Lessons on Samba and Forró dance, and Capoeira
Three films per week
Brazilian and Portuguese traditional dinner
Sports: soccer, volleyball, capoeira and much more!