Middlebury College has registered a number of trademarks and tradenames. These trademarks are the property of The President and Friends of Middlebury College. The Business Services Office is charge with monitoring the use of the trademarks, obtaining new ones, maintaining the current ones and providing permission for there use.
No person or company has the right to use any of the College’s trademarks without expressed written permission. If you want to use a mark or have a vendor produce a product bearing one of our marks, you need to request authorization from the Business Services Office.
The current trademarks belonging to Middlebury College include:
- Middlebury (as it pertains to education)
- The Panther on the Rock
- No English Spoken Here
- Digital Bridges 2.0
- KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES
- The Language Pledge
- Life Doesn't Come with Subtitles
- Monterey Institute of International Studies
- Middlebury-Monterey Language Academy
- Be the Solution
Titles or phrases containing the word Middlebury are also covered, e.g. Middlebury College, Middlebury College Snow Bowl.
Registered tradenames are:
- The President and Fellows of Middlebury College
- The President and Friends of Middlebury College
- Delineation Corporation
- Ralph A. Myhre Golf Course
- Bread Loaf School of English