The Space Management Policy and Committee were instituted in 2006 to enable efficient, cost effective utilization of campus spaces in ways most beneficial to fulfilling Middlebury's mission.
Space Committee Members:
Susan Baldridge, Chair, Provost
Patrick Norton, Vice President for Finance and Treasurer
Katy Smith-Abbott , Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of the College
Suzanne Gurland, Dean of Curriculum
Erin Quinn, Director of Athletics
Lisa Ayers, Director of Planning and Events Management
Stephen Snyder, Dean of the Language Schools and Schools Abroad
James Stuart, Assoc. Vice President for Information Technology
Mary Stanley, Space Manager
Tom Corbin, Assistant Treasurer and Director of Business Services
Norm Cushman, Associate Vice President for Operations
Michael Roy, Dean of the Library
LeRoy Graham, Associate Vice President for Planning and Assessment and College Registrar
Role of the Space Committee:
• To administer the Space Policy and Process as approved by the President’s Staff.
• To make fair decisions on space requests most beneficial to meeting College goals and mission.
• To act as arbiter for space conflicts.
• To allocate annual space change funds among all requests.
• A standing committee that meets two times per year, and as needed.
The President of the College may choose to make final decisions regarding space allocation.