- Administers and interprets compensation philosophy and policies:
Calculates all pay adjustments
Calculates all new hire salary offers
Administers the annual increase process
- Monitors and evaluates compensation administration practices to ensure adherence to Federal and State laws/regulations and Middlebury’s compensation philosophy.
- Conducts periodic external market checks including comprehensive system-wide checks as well as job or department specific checks, as needed.
- Periodically reports compensation-related statistics to senior management.
- Monitors our various job markets and the effectiveness of our compensation policies and practices and makes recommendations for changes to senior management.
- Assists with the creation of job descriptions.
- Evaluates the placement of jobs within the Band/Level structure (with input from managers and employees).
- Consults with HR in the planning stages of organizational changes which have the potential to impact classification and/or compensation of current employees.
- Ensures that job descriptions are kept up-to-date.
- Provides input into departmental factors that should be considered when calculating hiring salaries, promotional increases, etc.
- Monitors and documents employees’ performance using the Annual Performance Summary tool.
- Notifies supervisor/manager of significant changes to duties (if supervisor/manager is not already aware of these changes).
- If requested assists in the creation or revision of the job description.
- Participates in the evaluation of own performance through completion of the self-assessment portion of the Annual Performance Summary.
- Reports any suspected pay errors or discrepancies to Human Resources immediately.