Resignation Checklist for Supervisors
When an employee notifies their supervisor that they plan to leave their employment at the College, the supervisor should complete the following tasks:
- Share the employee resignation checklist with the employee and review its contents.
- Complete the Resignation Form to notify Human Resources that the employee plans to leave.
- Collect property (keys, ID card, equipment, p-cards, etc.)
- Ensure that employee finalizes their timesheet prior to departure
- Ensure that employee returns uniforms prior to departure
- Remind employee to set up automatic responses (email, voicemail)
- Remove employee from distribution lists
- End employee's access to shared folders
- Remind employee of reference process and share form with them.
- If you plan to rehire for this position, you will need to enter a new requisition in PeopleAdmin. Use the instructions here to get started.