Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
Love history and learning about the past? Stewart-Swift Research Center at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History, an archive focusing on local history, is seeking a student assistant who wants to get hands-on experience working with primary resources such as manuscripts, old maps, rare books, photos, and ephemera in a museum setting. Duties may include helping with organization and processing of collections, labeling and storage of collections, assistance with research, editing of documents, doing basic preservation and conservation work, helping researchers by making photocopies and scans, and working closely with the staff on other projects as assigned.
• good organizational skills
• detail oriented
• experience using a word processing and MS Access desirable
• interest in archives and historical museum day-to-day operations
• knowledge and interest in historical research a plus
• previous experience working in special collections or archives a plus