Winter Employee Assistant
Position Number: 900774
Department or Office: Admissions
Level: Level A (General)
Reports To Position #: 000122
Date Prepared: 10-01-2011
Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT 05753
Student Employment Information
Work Study: Yes
Serve as office assistant to process applications and data.
Answer phones and e-mail questions to advise students of procedures and requirements for admission.
• Perform general office tasks such as photocopying, filing, sorting mail, on-campus errands and organizing office resources.
• Answers questions and explains admissions procedures.
• Use scanner and ensure accuracy of documents. Identify applicant or inquirant and attach to various documents in Nolij database.
• Answers phone and office e-mails.
• Provides administrative support to operations team.
Must handle confidential materials with discretion. Must be able to show for all scheduled shifts. Must be able to coordinate housing with Dean by deadline. Must be reliable, accurate and take direction well and work with minimal supervision. Good phone skills and be able to write effective e-mail responses. Must have good computer skills.