Adirondack House Front Desk Assistant
Position Number: 900051
Department or Office: Education in Action
Level: Level A (General)
Date Prepared: 08-31-2010
Student Employment Information
Work Study: No
*Work cooperatively with others and accepts direction from supervisors.
* Provide coverage of front desk during the lunch hour and afternoons, including assistance with CSO Drop-Ins from 2-5 p.m.
* Assist with data entry and various projects during time at front desk on an as-needed basis
* Answer phones; distribute mail
* Greet students and other visitors to Adirondack House
* Make appointments using Microsoft Outlook
- Provide brief explanations of career library resources (books and web site)
- Be able to answer wide variety of questions on career-related topics (training will be provided)
- Assist with other projects, such as EIA and other departmental websites
- Maintain order in office by checking and refilling paper in printers, photo copier, and fax machines as needed
- Must handle confidential information in a discreet manner
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*Denotes essential job functions
- Reliable/strong commitment to position
- Pleasant telephone demeanor
- Patience with the public
- Work well under pressure
- Willingness to greet and direct office visitors in a friendly professional manner
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, a clear communicator, and able to work independently
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others and accept direction from supervisor
- Computer software experience essential, including MS Office, (Word, Outlook, Excel), and
experience with Web content editing (CMS, Blogs, etc.).
- Strong familiarity with Internet software applications, (Google Apps, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Experience with CSO's online databases preferred, (MiddNet and MOJO).
- Dress appropriate for professional office work. Adirondack House maintains a Dress Code policy.