Computing Lab Assistant
Position Number: 900662
Department or Office: Library & Information Services
Level: Level A (General)
Date Prepared: 02-16-2011
Student Employment Information
Work Study: Yes
- Deliver pre-configured computers, monitors and peripherals to computer labs.
- This portion of the position requires daytime work (8:15a-5pm) Mon-Fri, though exact day(s) and time(s) are flexible. The weekly time commitment is 4 hours/week.
- Perform daily (Sun - Th.) computer lab checks of all labs maintained by LIS
- Check Paper/Toner levels in printers - restock as needed
- Organize and clean-up labs as needed
- Identify problems, perform basic trouble shooting and report any hardware/software problems to the Lab Manager
- Daily lab checks can be done at anytime during the day/evening (Sun - Th.) as long as a class is not in session in a particular lab, the total time required is approx. 1.5-2 hrs, so the weekly time commitment is 10 hours/week.