Bike Shop Mechanic
Position Number: 900577
Department or Office: Public Safety
Level: Level A (General)
This position is for the academic year and will work shifts assigned by the Bike Shop Program Coordinator.
Mechanic will teach workshops and provide assistance to people in the Bike Shop during open hours. Mechanic should have bike maintenance experience. Hours each week may vary during the week depending on the number of mechanics hired. The Bike Shop is planning to be open 3-4 hours / 4 nights a week in the fall. The program will be re-evaluated at the end of the Fall Term. Mechanics are not allowed to volunteer their time at the Bike Shop.
The Mechanic is responsible for:
- Working assigned shifts as scheduled by the Bike Shop Coordinator.
- Teaching bike maintenance workshops to members of the community.
- Knowing and informing attendees and guests of The Bike Shop rules (general college space rules and specific Bike Shop rules such as putting items away at the bench after the workshop or open hours).
- Keeping track of attendee names, workshop attended and skills learned.
- Keeping track of work hours and submitting hours to BannerWeb no later than Monday at the end of the pay period.