Organic Garden Intern
Position Number: 900584
Department or Office: Center for Campus Activities & Leadership
Level: Level A (General)
- Collaborates in the design of the garden layout as well as building the planting beds and garden structures.
- Performs garden work: sowing, cultivating, harvest, etc.
- Assists with deliveries to Middining and other business partnerships.
- Participates in the "seed saving", Summer Language School and "children's garden" programs held at the Organic Garden
- Maintains tools in proper condition
- Follows safety procedures for all workers/volunteers
- Participates in scheduled visits to local farms for observation, tours and joint projects and partnerships.
- Supports public relations initiatives with the college and local community.
- Assists with grants and fundraising projects
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Training
Foremost, this job requires dedication and enthusiasm. Previous gardening experience is not required. The garden is a place to learn and to teach others. An able body, smiling face, patience, clear head, and good communication skills are also highly recommended.
Jay Leshinsky, Organic Garden Advisor
Business Phone: 802-388-3736