Peer Career Ambassador, Newsletter
Position Number: 900546
Department or Office: Education in Action
Level: Level B (Skilled)
Date Prepared: 09-28-2011
Student Employment Information
Work Study: No
- Compose and compile relevant articles for Senior Spotlight and Compass newsletters.
- Collaborate with other Peer Career Ambassadors (PCAs) and staff to effectively prepare newsletters and publicize CSO events and programs.
- Perform regular outreach to targeted campus organization(s) and attend CSO outreach events when needed.
- Serve as an ambassador to the student body representing the CSO both in and out of the office.
- Assist students in the CSO office utilizing online and print resources as time permits.
Education & Training
Are you writer? storyteller? newshound? reporter? Are you at home with a variety of online media? In this role you could be interviewing current students about their internships, profiling Midd alumni and their careers, highlighting job and internships resources, and producing employer spotlights.
Ideally we are looking for:
- Sophomore or junior in good academic standing.
- Demonstrated success in written communication, preferably for a circulated publication (i.e. school newspaper or newsletter).
- Excellent time management skills a must.
- Must be able to take initiative and possess strong teamwork and leadership skills; student should also be reliable and responsible.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, a clear communicator, and able to work independently.
- Available to work during the entire academic year including Winter Term preferred.
- Dress appropriate for professional office environment.
If this sounds like you, please submit:
2) cover letter stating why you are interested. Do you read the Compass? What do you think?
3) a writing sample that best demonstrates why your background would be a good fit
4) Two references, at least one from on campus.
DEADLINE: December 4
Strong candidates will be contacted for an interview, probably in J-term. Start date will be in J-term.