Peer Career Ambassador, Senior Program
Position Number: 900344
Department or Office: Education in Action
Level: Level B (Skilled)
Date Prepared: 09-28-2011
Student Employment Information
Work Study: No
- Work with the Senior Associate Director to create and publicize a year-long series of Senior career events - from Senior Week in September to the Spring Job Fling in March.
- Provide event marketing support to include: creatively publicizing events to students, scheduling venues, writing articles for the Senior Spotlight Newsletter and Blog.
- Blogging: Strong writing skills desired! Regularly send submissions to the new Senior Blog. Continuously improve the site.
- Collaborate with other Peer Career Ambassadors (PCAs) and staff during weekly strategy meetings to effectively strategize and publicize overall CSO events and programs.
- Perform outreach to targeted campus organization(s) and attend CSO outreach events when needed.
- Serve as an ambassador to the student body representing the CSO both in and out of the office.
- Assist students in the CSO office utilizing online and print resources as time permits.
Education & Training
- Juniors and Seniors in good academic standing to work six hours/week while classes are in session for the full academic year.
- Demonstrated success in written communication with an eye for event marketing.
- Excellent time management skills a must.
- Knowledgeable in blogging, creating posters, and other marketing experience a plus.
- Must be highly reliable, timely, organized, detail-driven, a clear communicator, and able to work independently on multiple projects.
- Available to work during the entire academic year including Winter Term preferred.
- Dress appropriate for professional office environment.
Applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter to Tracy Himmel Isham (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be considered for this position. Strong candidates will be contacted for an interview.
DEADLINE: December 4