Peer Career Ambassador, Careers in the Common Good
Position Number: 900653
Department or Office: Education in Action
Level: Level B (Skilled)
Date Prepared: 09-28-2011
Student Employment Information
Work Study: No
- Work with the Assistant Director for Careers in the Common Good program, Career Conversations and events management to coordinate the logistics for these programs and strategize on how best to target students.
- Collaborate with other Peer Career Advisors (PCAs) and staff during strategy meetings to effectively strategize and publicize overall CSO events and programs.
- Perform regular outreach to targeted campus organization(s) and attend CSO outreach events when needed.
- Serve as an ambassador to the student body representing the CSO both in and out of the office.
- Assist students in the CSO office utilizing online and print resources as time permits.
- Assist CSO staff with various in and out-of-office tasks as necessary.
Education & Training
- First-years, sophomores or juniors in good academic standing to work 6-8 hours/week while classes are in session for the full academic year.
- Demonstrated success in written communication.
- Excellent time management skills a must.
- Knowledgeable in computer design programs, such as InDesign and online Wordpress Blogs a plus.
- Must be able to take initiative and possess strong teamwork and leadership skills; possess lots of energy for the job and ability to market directly to their peers.
- Student should be reliable and responsible.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, a clear communicator, and able to work independently on multiple projects.
- Available to work during the entire academic year including Winter Term preferred.
- Dress appropriate for professional office environment.
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter to the contact to be considered for this position. Strong candidates will be contacted for an interview.