Community Friends Intern
Position Number: 900698
Department or Office: Civic Engagement
Level: Level B (Skilled)
- Actively participate in informing Community Friends program from a student perspective.
- Assist in recruiting new student volunteers.
- Assist in planning and implementing volunteer training and support.
- Assist with administrative tasks necessary to Community Friends' functioning and organization, including, but not limited to: checking volunteer references; collecting background check forms and payments; disseminating information to students and community partners; maintaining accurate records.
- Assist in planning for 50th Anniversary year.
- Write a monthly CF profile for the ACE website.
- Provide research assistance as requested.
- Provide assistance with other ACE office projects as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Familiarity and experience with Community Friends and/or other mentoring programs.
- Enthusiasm and vision for Community Friends' continued advancement.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet).
- Understanding of student-oriented communications outlets.
- Grasp of student volunteer support needs.