Position Number: 900637
Department or Office: Civic Engagement
Level: Level B (Skilled)
- Provide office coverage during office hours.
- Greet faculty, students, community partners, and other visitors to the ACE office.
- Provide information about the office to visitors.
- Assist with planning details related to Orientation, as needed.
- Provide research assistance as needed (e.g., comparison to other campus programs, "best practices," student service leadership, service-learning support for faculty, etc.).
- Work on ACE web site updates and revisions.
- Help to plan and organize fall events for ACE.
- Help prepare orientation materials-for bulletin boards, posters, articles, etc.
- Assist with other office responsibilities as needed.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks; self-motivation and the ability to work independently and proactively on projects; previous experience with community service, service-learning, and/or some familiarity with community service in Addison County preferred; event planning experience helpful.
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Reliability and a strong commitment to ACE mission.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Research skills.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle several projects simultaneously.
Please e-mail résumé, two references, and a brief note as to why you are interested in the position to Peggy Burns at email@example.com.