International Student Liaison
Position Number: 900655
Department or Office: Civic Engagement
Level: Level B (Skilled)
We will pay an International Student Liaisons for one hour of weekly work in the ACE office and two hours of weekly work toward promotion and coordination of international student community service and related initiatives outside of the ACE office (including attendance at ISO and other cultural and advocacy meetings).
- Make yourself and your role known to international students and related organizations, as well as College staff, including OID, ISSS, and UWC offices.
- Attend regular meetings of related organizations.
- Report back to ACE on international students and their service- and advocacy-related initiatives and recommend ways in which the office can support them.
- Promote local direct service opportunities.
- Encourage international students to connect to the ACE office as appropriate.
- Assist ACE staff in completing and implementing office projects and initiatives.
Must be at least a second-semester first-year with excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks; self-motivation and the ability to work independently and proactively on projects; previous experience with international service and advocacy; and some familiarity with community service in Addison County preferred.
Microsoft Word and Outlook required. Experience with Excel, CMS, and PowerPoint preferred but not required.
TO APPLY: Please respond directly to Peggy Burns (firstname.lastname@example.org) with an e-mail stating why you are specifically interested in the position, identifying your Commons affiliation, and attaching your résumé. Thanks.