Position Number: 900049
Department or Office: Career Services
Level: Level B (Skilled)
Date Prepared: 07-30-2010
Student Employment Information
Work Study: No
- Contacts employers directly to fulfill Recruiting initiatives
- Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to the contact to be considered for the position Strong candidates will be contacted for an interview. Students with diverse backgrounds and interests are encouraged to apply.
- Researches prospective employers and initiates outreach to confirm contact information
- Creates flyers, posters, targeted e-mails, etc. for recruiting events
- Develops, Facilitates and reports on student focus groups for feedback on Career Services programming
- Creates and implements marketing plan for Spring Job Fling event
- Contacts employers to keep employee literature up-to-date in Career Services library
- Creates parking permits, attendance sheets, interview evaluation rating sheets and welcome signs for employer upcoming visits to campus
- Assists in production/editing of Senior Spotlight newsletter publication
- Updates College events calendar and MOJO calendar
- Cleans up MOJO database content, including addition, modification and deletion of employer information, student information, event information and job descriptions
- Maintains filing systems for Employer Relations Coordinator
- Front desk coverage on an as-needed basis
- Provides administrative support to recruiting team as needed
- Serves as an ambassador to the student body representing the CSO both in and out of the office and attend CSO outreach events when needed
Education & Training
- Computer experience essential, strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and MOJO.
- Capable of internet research on employers.
- Ability to create charts and graphs from statistical data.
- Must be able to take initiative; student should also be reliable and responsible.
- Willingness to learn specialized database entry process.
- Willingness to research career opportunities.
- Must be very organized, detail-oriented, a clear communicator, and able to work independently.
- Must be a team member and be able to handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
- Dress appropriate for professional office work.