Position Number: 900345
Department or Office: Career Services
Level: Level B (Skilled)
- Contribute articles to Internships blog by interviewing students, posting and reacting to relevant news articles, and reporting on CSO events
- Serve as an ambassador to the student body representing the CSO both in and out of the office and attend CSO outreach events when needed
- Promote internships and funding opportunities using tools such as the CSO blog and MOJO
- Prepare and disseminate internship information to students, staff, faculty on a weekly basis and as needed
- Review and summarize internships/summer jobs and enter information into specialized databases
Education and Training
- Reliable, responsible and organized
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated success in written communication
- Ability to summarize large pieces of information into short paragraph
- Strong typing and computer skills essential. This includes proficiency in EXCEL and Word, familiarity with CSO's main databases (e.g. Can you use MOJO and LACN?) and comfort with social networking tools
- Availability to work during the entire academic year including Winter Term preferred.
- Must be organized, accurate, and able to work independently.
- Must also be able to handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
- Willing to dress appropriately for professional office work.
To apply submit a resume, a cover letter, writing sample, and the names of two references to the contact above. (These can be faculty, staff members, or an employer). Strong candidates will be contacted for an interview. Students from with diverse backgrounds and interests are encouraged to apply.
DEADLINE: December 4