Position Number: 900420
Department or Office: Education in Action
Level: Level B (Skilled)
Date Prepared: 03-01-2012
Student Employment Information
Work Study: No
- The Summer Assistant will be exposed to the day-to-day workings of Education in Action (EIA) and its various functional areas: Career Services, Civic Engagement, Health Professions, and Fellowships.
- The Assistant will work on a wide array of projects for EIA staff.
- The Assistant will be expected to answer the telephone, greet visitors, and convey basic information to EIA's constituents—including undergraduate students, summer Language School students, alumni, parents, employers, faculty, and staff—on an as-needed basis.
- The student must be able to multi-task and work autonomously, with a high level of motivation and initiative.
- Required skills: A qualified candidate would be comfortable in a PC environment, have a strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite including EXCEL and Internet navigation. Basic HTML knowledge a plus.
- Other qualifications: We seek someone who is personable, organized, detail-oriented, flexible, a clear communicator, and able to handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
- Dress on the job: appropriate for professional office work [business casual].
In the cover letter, explain why you're interested. Why do you want to be at Midd for the summer? What do you know about Education in Action? What can you do for us to help improve our resources and operations? Make the letter interesting; be sure it reflects your own personality and that it is well-written (DEFINITELY do a spell-check!). We review many of these materials, so your letter should attract and retain our attention.
Thirty hours per week (M-F 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.)