Events Team Member
Position Number: 900035
Department or Office: Dining Services
Level: Level B (Skilled)
ResponsibilitiesAssists at catered functions in various capacities to ensure smooth service.
Assists throughout Dining event in one or more of the following areas:
- Sets up dining area with appropriate table settings
- Ensures tables are set according to proper standards
- Serves entrees, desserts and coffee as necessary
- Clears tables in appropriate manner and in accordance with standards
- Assists in kitchen, servery and dishroom
- Attends training sessions
- Adheres to dress code
- Cleans dishes and kitchen equipment as necessary
- Maintains clean, sanitary stock of dishes and utensils.
- Loads soiled dishes into dish rack and prepares dish machine for set cycle. Loads appropriate soap levels and time cycle.
- Runs dishes through cycle.
- Unloads and stacks dishes and glassware in appropriate storage area.
- Sorts silverware and utensils and places them safely in proper storage area.
- Removes garbage from area at end of shift.
Must attend Dining Events service workshop to be trained in proper service standards and room setup. Bartenders will be provided with Department of Liquor Control training for compliance with laws concerning the serving of alcoholic beverages and would be paid at the bartending rate.
Previous wait staff experience preferred.