Crossroads Cafe Server
Position Number: 900107
Department or Office: Dining Services
Level: Level B (Skilled)
Date Prepared: 02-01-2012
Student Employment Information
Work Study: Yes
-Works shifts at the Crossroads Café as scheduled by the Crossroads Café Serving Staff Coordinator.
-Makes coffees, smoothies, shakes and food items off the Crossroads menu.
-When no Crossroads Café Cashier (A Level) is present, Crossroads Servers are expected to operate cash register.
-Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment.
-Interacts with customers in a friendly and engaging manner
-During moments of downtime, Servers are expected to: clean fridges and counters, organize paper products, restock cups and silverware, wash dishes, restock all menu items and perform server prep including, but not limited to: filling tea bags, slicing and freezing fruit, checking dates on Grab & Go items.
-If working an Opening Shift, responsibilities also include preparing the space, turning on equipment and retrieving the cash drawer.
-If working a Closing Shift, responsibilities also include cleaning tables, storing equipment, wrapping food, removing trash and compost, and turning off equipment.
Reports to: Serving Staff Coordinator (Scheduling, General Issues), Serving Staff Supervisor (Space Organization/Cleaning, General Issues)
- Previous culinary or food service experience preferred, but not required
- Previous work experience highly preferred
- Must be able to work in a group
- Must be energetic, social, and willing to interact with customers
- Must be able to perform under pressure
- Employees may be eligible for promotions into supervisor and management roles