Publicity and Web Assistant
Position Number: 900562
Department or Office: Dean of the College
Level: Level B (Skilled)
Date Prepared: 05-12-2011
Student Employment Information
Work Study: No
Assist the Special Asst. to the Dean of the College & Senior Advisor for Diversity Initiatives with communications, publicity, and the design and maintenance of the Student Life, Dean of the College, and Diversity & Community websites.
- Update and maintain the Student Life, Dean of the College, and Diversity & Community websites
- Ensure consistency of design, layout and integrity of content across a network of websites
- Create new and dynamic content to post to the web (i.e. slideshows, videos, etc.)
- Update the current website by aggregating content and current events
- Coordinate with other content managers across student life on website maintenance as necessary
- Assist as needed with other Dean of the College/Student Life projects
- Gather content (photos, graphics, text) for publicity
- Design posters, flyers, and e-mail announcements
- Create PowerPoint slides for DOC/Diversity sponsored events for the video display in McCullough
- Create and manage Facebook events to advertise diversity programs and events
- Coordinate with Reprographics on print jobs
- Submit event details to the Calendar of Events using on-line submission form
- Distribute publicity materials around Campus
Perform other duties as assigned by the Special Asst. to the Dean of the College & Senior Advisor for Diversity Initiatives.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks; top-notch organization skills; self-motivation and the ability to work independently on projects; positive attitude and interest in learning, thinking creatively, and working as a member of a team; previous web, social networking, and graphic design experience preferred. Maintains a professional demeanor since student will be working with a broad range of constituents including other staff, faculty, and occasionally high-level college officials. Commitment to diversity and inclusion required.
Facebook, Adobe Dreamweaver or alternative web design program, Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe InDesign, and Photoshop. Previous HTML, CSS, and Drupal experience helpful.