Web Site Assistant
Position Number: 900598
Department or Office: Dean of Faculty Development and Research
Level: Level B (Skilled)
The offices of the Dean of Faculty Development and Research provides support for all faculty in applications for research funding. One of these support mechanisms, the newly created office of the Science Grants and Writing Facilitator, is focused on specifically helping the science faculty excel in getting research funding from external sources (federal or private foundations). Key to success in this endeavor is the public face of the science faculty, especially how faculty market their research via the Web. Thus, we are looking for a student to assist in the redesign and maintenance of Web sites for the science faculty. This student will assist with the design, layout, functionality and integrity of departmental faculty information page content. This student may also assist faculty in design and maintenance of individual faculty websites on a per request basis. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensures consistency of design, layout and integrity of content across an extensive network of sites.
- Transferring content from the variety of forms it is received to HTML or other formats as needed.
- Playing an active role in tracking necessary Web updating, taking the initiative to prepare it for the Web as necessary.
- Carrying out various forms of graphic manipulation within the CMS
- Keeping supervisors informed of accomplishments, issues encountered, etc.
- Good communication skills are essential.
- Willingness to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Familiarity with the college's Content Management System (CMS). Experience with Website maintenance. Ability to prioritize a large number of tasks is essential. Preferred qualifications: ability to edit raw HTML.