Transition Suite Monitor
Position Number: 901012
Department or Office: Health Center
Level: Level B (Skilled)
Reports To Position #: 000185
Date Prepared: 01-16-2013
Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT 05753
Student Employment Information
Work Study: Yes
The Transition Suite Monitor will be responsible for overseeing:
- A student who is transitioning to parental oversight and parents have not arrived.
- A student who is transitioning back to College housing following short-term hospitalization or other medical or mental health intervention but the housing context is not yet suitable for return.
- A student whose final disposition with respect to the College or College housing that has not yet been determined.
Education & Training
Certified Student EMT
Student monitors (e.g., student EMTs) will receive an orientation session, a review session each semester, and additional training on special topics as appropriate.
Training will include:
- A review of the kinds of mental health issues a student may be experiencing.
- A review of situations and student behaviors that signal a need to call for assistance from deans, counselors, public safety or others.
- A review of expectations of the monitor.
- Probable hours of oversight.
- Resources available to both student and monitor.
- How to recognize a medical and mental health issue that a student may be actively experiencing.
- When to call for help.
- Who to call for help.