Publicity and Web Assistant
Position Number: 900562
Department or Office: Institutional Diversity
Level: Level B (Skilled)
Assist with publicity program for events supported by Academic Affairs and the Office for Institutional Diversity.
- Gather content (photos, graphics, text) for publicity
- Design posters, flyers, and e-mail announcements.
- Coordinate with Reprographics on print jobs.
- Coordinate with Diversity Student Organizations to include their events in Diversity Events Calendar in print and on the Web.
- Submit event details to Events at Middlebury using on-line submission form.
- Distribute publicity materials around Campus.
Carry out design and maintenance of Web sites for the Office for Institutional Diversity.
- Ensure consistency of design, layout and integrity of content across a network of sites.
- Carrying out various forms of graphic design/manipulation for the Web using PhotoShop, scanner, etc.
- Playing an active role in tracking necessary Web updating, taking the initiative to track down content and prepare it for the Web.
- Coordinate with other students and staff on Web maintenance.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant in Academic Administration/Program Coordinator for Institutional Diversity.
Education and Training
Familiarity with PC. Experience with PhotoShop, InDesign, Microsoft Word, Excel, and CMS (Content Management System) a plus. Successful candidate may be trained.
Possesses strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to handle confidential matters discreetly. Ability to work well under pressure, to meet deadlines, and to prioritize a large number of tasks. Maintains a professional demeanor since student will be working with a broad range of constituents including other staff, faculty, and occasionally high-level college officials. Commitment to diversity and inclusion required. Flexible schedule a plus.