ISO Student Travel and Logistics Coordinator
Position Number: 900635
Department or Office: International Student & Scholar Services
Level: Level B (Skilled)
The Student Travel & Logistics Coordinator will assist ISSS with the many logistical and travel details involved with implementing a successful program. This challenging position offers significant responsibility, a true sense of accomplishment, and a guarantee of fun.
- Coordinate travel details for the incoming first-year international students and exchange students-to include:
- communicating with students to confirm travel arrangements,
- developing an itinerary and pick-up schedule such that all incoming students who have requested travel assistance are transported from their arrival point in Burlington or Rutland to Middlebury.
- serving as primary point of contact between new students and drivers, as needed.
- Recruit and manage a team of volunteer drivers and related logistics to help transport the new students to Middlebury College-to include:
- overseeing the logistics (schedules, drivers, gas, tolls/parking fees, keys) for our fleet of reserved vans.
- confirming arrangements with airport personnel as needed.
- coordinating the airport Welcome table with assistance from PAs and volunteers.
- Operate the emergency phone line on arrival days, when new students and exchange students are arriving. All incoming students will have this emergency number and will call with changes to their travel itinerary.
- Provide support for the Friends of International Students (FIS) host program in the form of processing student and family applications and locating necessary resources for the matching process and the actual event.
- General office work (file preparations, collating, photocopying)
- Other duties as assigned.
- To begin mid August until the day before the first day of classes, plus 5-10 additional hours for program wrap up into Fall Term. (approx. 5 weeks)
- During August, hours will usually be from 9AM-5PM, Monday thru Friday.
- From the third week of August until the day before classes begin, the coordinator will work irregular hours, including weekends, due to workload and attendance at events.
- If available, participate in three training sessions during Spring Term (in advance of the program) with Program Assistants and Student Coordinator.
- The position reports directly to the International Student Orientation Student Coordinator, and indirectly to the Director of ISSS.
We are looking for a self-motivated person who enjoys handling important details and working as part of a team to accomplish worthwhile and high-reaching goals.
Required qualifications include:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- U.S. driver's license or an interest in obtaining one before the position's start date.
- Willingness to take steps to obtain Middlebury College licensure for a 7-passenger or 15-passenger van depending on length of driving experience.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure.
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel, and experience with other office software.
- Ability to handle confidential information and assist with situations that may require discretion.
- Having a sense of humor, while being able to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to show initiative and work independently with minimal guidance, while also knowing when to ask questions to ensure successful outcomes.
- Complete on-line Student Employment Office application.
- Submit to International Student & Scholar Services in Meeker House by Friday, April 6 the following items:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or a List of Work Experiences with employment dates.
- List of 3 references with contact information (email/phone numbers), including at least one faculty/staff member who can comment on your approach to your work.
- Candidates will be selected for interviews based on the written application.
- Interviews will take place in April.