ILL Reserve Assistant, Main
Position Number: 900400
Department or Office: Library & Information Services
Level: Level B (Skilled)
- Process ILL Borrowing: managing incoming mail and electronic articles. Update ILLiad and OCLC records and preparing items for mailing. Work with ILLiad Database and manipulation of electronic files.
- Process ILL Lending: searching location of incoming lending requests, retrieving journals for scanning, processing and update ILLiad and OCLC computer records, and electronically send articles via ARIEL
- Reshelf/file library material and maintain library book stacks to a high standard of order and tidiness
- Process materials for reserves including retrieving and processing books, scanning documents, creating .pdf files, and managing Docutek ERes files.
- Other related library and clerical duties including, but not limited to: recording statistics; mailing; filing; computer data maintenance projects; general cleaning; relocation of books and furniture, assembly and disassembly of shelving; measurement and survey projects as required for planning; inter-branch light delivery; clearing public spaces, sorting/organizing collected library materials.
- Able to be flexible and balance work load with rapidly changing demand of departments
- Position calls for a capacity for independent work, sound judgment with respect to time management, attention to detail, accuracy and commitment to maintaining a first-class research resource
- Applicants should be tolerant of dust and common household cleaning product.
- Library and information services experience preferred
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software and equipment preferred
- Maturity and competence in working independently