Digital Projects Vermont Collection
Position Number: 900582
Department or Office: Library & Information Services
Level: Level B (Skilled)
- Use Optical Character Recognition software to scan books and pamphlets relating to Vermont state and local history and convert them to ASCII text or PDF format.
- Organize files and upload to MIDD-UNIX file server to provide Web access.
- Good typing skills and familiarity with personal computers and scanning equipment.
- Knowledge of basic HTML tags.
- Ability to quickly learn to use software products such as CONTENTdm for digital asset management and ABBYY FineReader for optical character recognition.
- Inventory archival material in the locked part of the Vermont Collection and create fidning aids for inclusion on our Web page.
- Good attention to detail is important.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently after training.