Web and Graphic Intern
Position Number: 900701
Department or Office: Museum
Level: Level B (Skilled)
The Graphic and Web Intern will work with the Administrative Operations Manager on maintenance of the museum website and on the design and production of museum exhibit and event posters.
The Graphic and Web Intern will be responsible for maintaining and updating information on the museum's web pages as well as pages for the Committee on Art in Public Places. This will include scanning, sizing, and optimizing images, editing text, archiving old pages and events, and occasionally creating new pages. In addition, this intern will be tasked with adapting designs and layouts for various posters and flyers to advertise the museum's events and exhibitions.
Preference is given to students who have prior experience with web editing and can offer a portfolio of previous successes with graphic solutions.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office suite, FileMaker Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience editing websites, optimizing images for the web, and/or managing online content
- Digital photography and scanning experience
- Knowledge of graphic design concepts and typographic principles
- Careful attention to detail is paramount