Museum Education Summer Intern
Position Number: 900017
Department or Office: Museum
Level: Level B (Skilled)
Date Prepared: 09-01-2010
Student Employment Information
Work Study: No
The Education Summer Intern assists the Curator of Education with a variety of tasks related to the education program and MAP, from data entry to editing educational materials. The Summer Intern also helps publish and assemble teacher packets for the upcoming academic year.
Preference is given to History of Art and Architecture or Studio Art majors or minors and participants in the Museum Assistants Program (MAP) with an interest in working in a museum setting.
- Strong organization skills, neatness, and attention to details
- Ability to listen to directions and complete projects independently
- Computer literacy-ability to scan images and create PowerPoint presentations important
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to interact with the public
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Museum experience a plus
This position is 40 hours per week, from the first week of June to Language Commencement.