Bike Shop Assistant
Position Number: 900622
Department or Office: Public Safety
Level: Level B (Skilled)
This position is for the academic year and has flexible hours. The Bike Shop Assistant will aid the Program Coordinator in bike maintenance as well as with distributing and collecting the bikes each semester. The Assistant should have bike maintenance experience. Hours will vary as determined by the amount of maintenance required by the bikes.
The following duties will be performed by the Bike Shop Assistant:
- Perform bike repairs (in conjunction with the Program Coordinator)
- Bike tune-ups during the winter/early spring
- Continuous maintenance on an as-needed basis throughout the semester
- Purchase parts and tools as necessary from the Bike Center and Aubochon Hardware
- Help collect all bikes in early winter (at first snow) and late spring (in conjunction with the Program Coordinator)
- Keep track of hours and submit to BannerWeb
- Responsible for the bike repair tool kit and key to the Bike room. These items must be returned to the Coordinator at the end of the academic year.
The Bike Shop Assistant is essentially a training position in order to become Program Coordinator. It is not required, however, that the Assistant eventually take on full program responsibilities.