Technical Assistant, McCullough
Position Number: 900150
Department or Office: Center for Campus Activities & Leadership
Level: Level B (Skilled)
- Set up sound system and/or light board for dances, concerts, plays, etc. in the McCullough Social Hall and in the Grille.
- Operate lighting and/or sound systems during events.
- Break down equipment after the event.
- Assist with event management - security, set-up, break-down - as necessary.
- Refocus lights for special events when necessary.
- Act as liaison with bands and performers who bring their own equipment.
- Occasionally assist with technical support for events in other venues such as Mead Chapel, Pepin Gym or Kenyon Arena.
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and handling of light board, sound board, spotlights instruments, and other equipment. Advise McCullough building staff of problems, concerns, damage.
- Act as a resource person for technical sound and lighting questions.
- Sign up for weekly shifts with the Center for Campus Activities and Leadership.
Interest in sound, lighting and technical support elements of McCullough Student Center operations. Experience with lighting and/or sound equipment preferred.