EMT Club Rugby Trainer
Position Number: 900398
Department or Office: Athletics
Level: Level C (Specialist)
The student trainers will assist the Staff Athletic Trainers in pre-game/practice coverage, game/practice coverage and post-game/practice coverage at both the Zug Sports Medicine Center and on site. Some responsibilities when working practice or game coverage will include:
- Ensure all patients sign-in and check-off what treatment they are receiving. (Ultrasound cards need to be checked as well).
- Ensure towels are folded and stocked. Pick-up from equipment room.
- Ensure whirlpools are filled and at proper temperatures.
- Ensure tape is stocked and neatly arranged.
- Ensure ultrasound gel bottles are filled.
- Answer the telephone
- Communicate on two way radios with staff members, Public Safety, and Ambulance services.
- Keeping Zug Sports Medicine Center clean and neat.
- Ensure daily sheets are totaled out and put onto student trainer computer.
- Will follow Universal Precautions with exposure incidents.
All candidates will be required to have CPR and First Aid certification or will become certified upon being hired.
The candidate for this position needs to be EMT certified.