Lloyd Lab Research Assistant
Position Number: 900469
Department or Office: Biology Department
Level: Level C (Specialist)
The research assistant will assist with data analysis for a project investigating the effects of climate change on the growth of northern hemisphere trees. The assistant will be responsible for preparation and analysis of tree-ring samples collected from a variety of species in Siberia. Tree ring analysis will involve identification and dating of tree rings, as well as measuring tree ring-widths. Some data entry will also be involved.
- Attention to detail is absolutely critical.
- Ability to use a dissecting microscope.
- Familiarity with SPSS or R desirable, but not critical.
- Familiarity with MS-DOS computer programs, or willingness to learn them, critical.
- Familiarity with the basic principles of statistical analysis and fearlessness with large data sets its critical.
- Prior coursework in ecology or climate change science
- Must be organized and self-motivated, and able to work independently.