Front of House Manager
Position Number: 900329
Department or Office: Center for the Arts
Level: Level C (Specialist)
Assist the Events and Administrative Coordinator and Events Manager with event management details and organization of Front of House Staff.
- Organize and implement two usher trainings a year.
- Assist in creating and posting usher schedule.
- Supervise House Managers and Usher staff when multiple events are taking place simultaneously at various performance spaces.
- Connect with Box Office for any special instructions.
- Pick up or drop off visiting artists as needed.
- Admit visiting artists or others to performance spaces as needed.
- Assist with hospitality for visiting artists.
- Be available to assist patrons with questions, seating, programs, etc.
- Communicate with Box Office and Tech. Manager regarding any special details for an event: multiple handicapped seating, children, etc.
Previous experience in house management or ushering necessary. Understanding of performance etiquette required. Must be able to understand and speak English clearly and articulately. Supervisory and communication skills essential. Interest or experience in music, dance or theatre a plus. Must be 100% reliable, courteous, and assertive. Willingness and flexibility to work 2-4 hour shifts on evenings and weekends necessary.