Position Number: 900536
Department or Office: Communications
Level: Level C (Specialist)
Carry out design and maintenance of Web sites for the Communications Office
- Ensures consistency of design, layout and integrity of content across an extensive network of sites.
- Has basic computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Carries out various forms of graphic design/manipulation for the web using PhotoShop, etc.
- Transfers content to web from a variety of software programs.
- Proofreads text.
- Plays an active role in tracking necessary web updates, taking the initiative to find up-to-date content and prepare it for the web.
- Directs other students and occasionally staff on web maintenance.
- Good communication skills are essential.
Education and Training
Experience in web page development required. Strong reading, writing, and editing skills. Web design skills desirable.
Familiarity with the college's Content Management System (CMS) a plus but we will train the right student to use this system. Experience with PC's, Web development software, scanners, and digital cameras preferred. Ability to prioritize a large number of tasks is essential.