Communications Magazine and Publications Intern
Position Number: 900542
Department or Office: Communications
Level: Level C (Specialist)
- Transcribe class notes as needed (type up handwritten notes) and place on Web site.
- Assist in writing and reporting for front-of-the-book (College Street) and back-of-the-book (Class Action) sections. Assist in proofreading the magazine. Mail magazine to all magazine contributors after publication. Respond to alumni requests. Assist in assembling school directory. Organize and file photos.
- Serve as a reporter during Reunion Weekend, shadowing photographer.
- Write captions for Reunion Supplement.
- Respond to requests for magazine copies.
- Distribute magazines around campus and around town.
- Request books from publishers for review.
- Organize slides and electronic photos, research caption information, input data and upload images to an electronic archive, interface with other offices on campus using photography, and be prepared to help work through problems in the system as they arise.
- Assist art director to set up photo shoots. Scout locations and help photographer during shoots. Ensure photographer (or his/her assistant) gets caption information.
- Assist with other publications projects as needed.
Must be highly organized and careful with detail, analytical about processes, and willing to learn the software thoroughly. Previous experience with library science, photography, image scanning, and/or PhotoShop is a plus, but not required. Familiarity with CMS, Dreamweaver, Quark, and InDesign helpful.