Student Technical Director, Production Advisory Group
Position Number: 900763
Date Prepared: 09-30-2011
Student Employment Information
Work Study: No
- Assist supervisor with scheduling of technical student staff for PAG-supported events.
- Serve as TD for specific PAG-supported events. Includes coordination with event planners, and supervision of other student technicians.
- Set up sound system, AV, and/or light board for concerts, plays, lectures, etc.
in numerous campus venues, including but not limited to: Chateau, Mead Chapel, McCullough, Pepin Gym, Kenyon Arena, etc.
- Operate lighting, sound, AV and assistive equipment during events.
- Break down equipment and store securely after the event.
- Assist with event management –set-up, break-down – as necessary.
- Refocus lights for special events when necessary.
- Act as liaison with performers who bring their own equipment.
- Responsible for the proper handling of light board, sound board, spotlights instruments, and other equipment. Advise supervisor of problems, concerns, damage.
- Act as a resource person for technical sound and lighting questions.
- Act as “second” certified Crowd Manager
- Assist supervisor with inventory and maintenance of lighting, sound and other equipment.
- Experience with lighting, sound and AV equipment, and support for live performances required.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated supervisory or leadership ability.
- Ability to lift and move/carry 50lbs.
- Be a student in good standing at the College.
- Completed at least one academic year at Middlebury College
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, and communicate clearly.
- Ability to complete Crowd Management training.
- Ability to obtain college vehicle license